Hi guys! I know things have been pretty quiet around here, and not much has been said for what is nearing two months (?!) since the initial release of osu!stream. As most of you would have already read, we have lost the ability to use any content based off a “touhou” original on the App Store/Marketplace.
Truth is, we’ve been very very busy working over the last couple of months re-creating enough levels to consider release again. Personally I don’t see it feasible to release with anything less than two packs and a fair amount of free songs, so this meant having an (almost) completely new set of 12 songs ready. Each song takes a lot more time than you would expect to be made, tested, quality controlled and finally packaged, but we are finally ready to go!
Not only are we re-releasing with new songs, but there are also many new features which has been implemented since the last version, including:
- Twitter integration (currently only used for online ranking username/avatar support, but more to come!)
- Online leader-boards for each song. At the moment these are overall leader-boards, but rolling time-based boards will also be introduced in the near future!
- Song information screen, with web links to find where you can purchase or download more from specific artists you might like.
- New difficulty bar display which should be a touch easier to read than the old star system.
- Level progress display during gameplay.
- “News” button on the menu which will flash when new info is posted to this site.
- Localised to 8 languages: Japanese, Chinese (simplified and traditional), Korean, Thai, Italian, French, Danish.
- Bug fixes all-round.
I hope there is something for everyone in this list. v1.1 will be made available tomorrow on the App Store. Those who still have osu!stream installed will receive it as an update.
Do keep in mind we also have a lot of very cool song packs lined up for you guys, which will be revealed here in the near future :). Stay tuned for more regular posts!