It’s been a while since the last song pack release, but we finally have a new one ready for consumption! Adding some more variety to the available songs, we bring OK Go on board, creating four levels that (in our opinion) do their creative and unique music justice.
- OK Go - All Is Not Lost
- OK Go - End Love
- OK Go - This Too Shall Pass
- OK Go - WTF
The new v1.4 update – now available on the app store – brings some further fixes to iPhone 5 widescreen support, fixes iPad rotation issues, tweaks some interface behaviour (including allowing higher resolution gameplay background art) and adds the ability to adjust the game’s offset, for those who felt their timing was always early or late by a certain amount.
More on the way, hopefully a bit speedier than recently :).
Hi guys! I’m here to bring you another awesome song collection from renowned Japanese game music artist “Cranky” (twitter). Cranky has an extensive history of publishing original tracks which have been featured in many rhythm/music games in the past, as well as publishing CDs under his own label as well as guest tracks for other albums.
- Cranky - 1970
- Cranky - Crocus
- Cranky - Dee Dee Cee
- Cranky - Into the Unknown
I hope you all enjoy playing through this pack as much as we did creating the levels for these awesome songs. Please leave comments on whether you want to see more of this style, or any other requests you have. Keep in mind that some are harder to fulfill than others, but I will try my best.
I’m putting some more time into osu!stream over the coming month and hope to implement multiplayer support, as well as more twitter integration to give you all profiles, and the ability to share your scores with friends.
I’m also thinking of hosting weekly or monthly meet-ups where we can discuss osu!stream and what you would like to see implemented in it. Please leave comments if you’re interested in getting together to talk osu!stream :).
osu!stream v1.3 is now live on the App Store, feature two hot new FREE tracks replacing the old bundled levels. The aim when making these new levels was to allow newbies the chance to get into the game with some easier “easy” gameplay, while still providing fun at the stream and expert levels. Make sure to give them a shot!
Apart from the new tracks, there are a few other features to note:
- iPad 3 retina graphics!
- Improvements to visuals across all devices.
- iOS 5 twitter integration supported for login (make sure to login!)
- Bug fixes and minor gameplay tweaks.
As a note, the previously bundled songs will soon be available for free download on the in-game store in the coming days, along with a brand new song pack!
We’re doing our best to bring you guys more and more content for osu!stream, and we do have some surprises in store for new game features, so stay tuned :D.
Hi people! Let’s begin with an apology for the long radio silence. Things have been hectic, but let’s share what I’ve been up to. Apart from travelling Japan and meeting a heap of new people, I have been spending a lot of time working on expanding the osu!stream level creation team. It has been several months since the last pack release, and this is because we are working far slower than I planned on.
First of all, here’s what we have in store for the imminent release:
To make up for the lack of new songs, and to celebrate the release of the SHIKI pack, we are having our first sale. This is a huge one, and won’t last forever, so move fast and stock up on some awesome tracks!
- 33% off the new SHIKI pack!
- 66% off all other packs!!
SHIKI is a renowned Japanese composer who has released tracks that are most popular in the Beatmania (BMS) community. We are lucky to be able to provide you guys with the first of possibly many SHIKI music packs. I had a huge amount of fun testing these levels out, and can definitely recommend giving them a try ;).
- SHIKI - Pure Ruby
- SHIKI - Jade Star
- SHIKI - BABYLON
- SHIKI - Lapis
Here’s a short list of what’s new in this update. Apart from the listed changes, there are plenty of minor adjustments and bug fixes you may or may not notice if you look closely!
- Added background images to maps, which react to your performance!
- Added performance colour-coding to the progress bar.
- Added the ability to preview songs by holding their panels at song select briefly.
- Localistion improvements.
- Reduced the volume of “whistle” effects drastically.
- Allow restoring previously purchased packs with a single tap.
- Stop iOS from purging downloaded content.
- Made some UI elements a lot easier to tap on smaller devices.
So things are moving behind the scenes, but I haven’t been vocal enough about it. We have another two packs in the works (and nearing completion), as well as a HUGE variety of songs waiting to be finished and organised.
I do have a lot planned, such as looking into new methods of getting levels completed quicker (think mapping competitions!), and lots of features for the game itself. I also want to develop the community more, so expect to see some kind of forum where we can talk about all things osu!stream in the near future :).
Hi there peoples! After a few setbacks that were out of my control, 1.12 is live on the app store! Go update now, because this release fixes a lot of little issues that you may or may not have noticed. There is also a new selection of epic 8-bit chiptune music in the storefrom the one and only Souleye (featured in the popular indie platformer VVVVVV). I will be uploading some video footage of this pack in the near future — showing off the highly addictive level design by our team — so keep a watch on this space!
Along with the new songs, here are some of the changes since the last update:
- Bug fixes.
- Much lower memory usage.
- New results screen sound effects!
- Notification on main menu when new songs are available.
- Grade system is been toned down, and now based on accuracy instead of score.
- Moved pause menu to bottom of screen (avoid Notification Centre conflicting).
- Support for more languages (now supports Danish, German, English, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Swedish, Thai, Traditional and Simplified Chinese)
I am still aware of some bugs and will be fixing these in updates in the not-too-distance future. As always, if you run into any issues, please tweet at @osustream or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for a very quick response (I promise)! You can also comment on this news post :).
We are always working hard on many more awesome song packs that will be hitting the store on a regular basis. Your ongoing support is much appreciated :D.
With v1.11 live, we now receiving crash reports instantly whenever something goes wrong. I have been very busy working through each of the reports and fixing the issues you are seeing, but felt I should sum up the most important ones.
- If your device is set to Italian, osu!stream will crash when you fail the song or try to bring up the pause menu. This can be fixed temporarily by changing your device’s language to anything else.
- The game may crash when tapping the start of some sliders, if too many sound effects are already playing. This should not happen under normal circumstances, but if your device lags due to a notification/background app, it may do.
- The game may crash when resuming after a phone call or playing audio in another app.
- If you have updated to iOS5, the pause menu may be hard to drag down depending on your device orientation. You can fix this by flipping your device, or dragging your finger further away from the edge of the screen. This is an issue at Apple’s end and they are looking into it.
All the above issues will be fixed in v1.12, expected to be ready early next week. Expect a new song pack to be added at the same time, too!
The v1.1 submission was almost two weeks ago now, and since then many bugs have been fixed. Unfortunately, due to the Apple submission process it will take around another week before I can push these fixes out to you guys. In the mean time, here is a list of known issues just in case you were wondering whether they are on the radar :).
- The online ranking dialog may appear twice on the results screen.
- The sorting order of songs at the selection screen may become random instead of ordered by difficulty.
- Deprecated “touhou” songs may show up as “error” on the song select screen. This is not yet fixed but I am looking at a resolution (you can reinstall the app but you will lose your touhou songs).
- Store downloads may not work if a proxy server needs to be used to access the internet.
- Ranking music continues to play after viewing someone’s online ranking.
- Sliding sound keeps playing when pause menu is visible.
- Occasional crashes have been reported by some users (possibly memory issues).
If you have found any other problems or think I have missed one, please reply in the comments, use the support link above, or email me at email@example.com.
Hi guys! I know things have been pretty quiet around here, and not much has been said for what is nearing two months (?!) since the initial release of osu!stream. As most of you would have already read, we have lost the ability to use any content based off a “touhou” original on the App Store/Marketplace.
Truth is, we’ve been very very busy working over the last couple of months re-creating enough levels to consider release again. Personally I don’t see it feasible to release with anything less than two packs and a fair amount of free songs, so this meant having an (almost) completely new set of 12 songs ready. Each song takes a lot more time than you would expect to be made, tested, quality controlled and finally packaged, but we are finally ready to go!
Not only are we re-releasing with new songs, but there are also many new features which has been implemented since the last version, including:
- Twitter integration (currently only used for online ranking username/avatar support, but more to come!)
- Online leader-boards for each song. At the moment these are overall leader-boards, but rolling time-based boards will also be introduced in the near future!
- Song information screen, with web links to find where you can purchase or download more from specific artists you might like.
- New difficulty bar display which should be a touch easier to read than the old star system.
- Level progress display during gameplay.
- “News” button on the menu which will flash when new info is posted to this site.
- Localised to 8 languages: Japanese, Chinese (simplified and traditional), Korean, Thai, Italian, French, Danish.
- Bug fixes all-round.
I hope there is something for everyone in this list. v1.1 will be made available tomorrow on the App Store. Those who still have osu!stream installed will receive it as an update.
Do keep in mind we also have a lot of very cool song packs lined up for you guys, which will be revealed here in the near future :). Stay tuned for more regular posts!